Sunday, March 25, 2018

SIMPLE SCRAPBOOKING CLASS

I have a new class out at Big Picture Classes. It's called Simple Scrapbooking and is all about how to go about making clean and simple scrapbook layouts that still feel cohesive and complete. The lessons are based on my five favorite formulas for making pages. Each lesson has two videos, one where I flip through several examples of pages I've made using that specific formula plus a process video. I hope to see you in class!


I've promised myself to make more layouts this year. My goal is to do at least two per pages per month. Pocket pages has really taken over for me, and I kind of forget how fun it is to make traditional layouts. I keep everything I make in the same album, and flipping through it and finding different projects and formats is much more fun than a plain pocket page album. In order to give myself a kickstart I've been doing the Studio Calico LOAW challenges this month, plus Kelly Noel's new class Design Recipes

This layout came together with inspiration from one of Kelly's recipes plus March LOAW #2. Lov means break in Swedish, and the layouts sums up my favorite moments from our February Break from school. I used different sized circle punches for my photos and the title is handcut. I first printed out the word LOV on regular printing paper and used that as a template for my title. I love making Week in review and Month in review layouts. They are a great compliment to my pocket pages. 


March started out with lots of snow and really cold temperatures. I still don't have my SC March kit because of Swedish customs but I had this March rubber piece saved from last year.


The second March pocket page is all about cousin Tim's 4th birthday celebration. I love the yellow alphas from the Summit documenter kit.


This year I'm making an effort to use more colors on my pocket pages. Going multicolored is hard for me! I tend to get matchy matchy and stick to two colors when putting my pages together. I really like the multicolored look but there is definitely a learning curve to it, for me.


/Magdalena

1 comment:

  1. I do that as well...mix pocket pages w/ traditional pages, I even mix digital pocket pages in. I too like the variety!

    ReplyDelete