Sunday, March 19, 2017

A DO-OVER

Spring is upon us this weekend! The sun is shining, the spring flowers are poking up their heads everywhere and our winter clothing is coming off. In the last five weeks we've had a lot of sickness in the family. Everyone has been sick - fevers, coughs, swollen glands stomach bugs... You name it. I really the spring weather brings health to us!

I've started in on our Project Life pages of March.  I'm sticking with my plan of using this Alpha card set from Studio Calico as my monthly cards. I love the clean look of them. The other two cards are from the Oh Happy Day card set from Paislee Press. All embellishments are from my freshly organized stash. The entire page documents cousin Tim's 3rd birthday. Happy birthday, sweet boy!


I finished page two and three of March, photographed them but only published page number two. Then I stumbled upon Amy Gretchen's youtube channel. After watching the video about her scrapbooking journey where she talks about how she regrets not adding enough journaling, I realized why I didn't like the pages I'd just made. There were just photos and filler cards and barely any journaling. I took the pages apart and did them over. Page number two originally looked like this:


After rearranging the cards and adding lots more journaling, pages two and three now looks like this:


Most of the products came in the Birds and the Bees kit from Studio Calico. I made my own journaling card by using an old SC digi brush and cutting up one of the filler cards from the kit. The pattern on the card and the heart sticker mimicks the snowfall we had last week. I really hope that was the last breath of winter! 





I reprinted the book photo and used a digi brush from Kellie Stamps to write out a book review. If you're looking for some cozy mystery books to read I recommend Scottish author Peter May. The Week in review card didn't print right so I cut it down and matted it with a patterned paper from the October Afternoon space collection. Remember that one? I think it came out in 2011! The "making things happen" is an actual stamp, everything else is digital.


My next spread will be all in green because of this challenge. And I'll keep including more journaling from now on!

/Magdalena



2 comments: