Sunday, June 19, 2016

MAKING CARDS

How I miss Studio Calico's card kit! I only got it 3 times or so, but it was enough to fill my stash of birthday cards and other greetings for a long time. I easily got 20 cards from one kit. Recently SC had a sale and they had a bunch of card kits in the shop. I only really wanted one, the Galileo kit with the cute bunny and ice cream stamp. It got sold out before I managed to grab it but another member kindly sent it to me since she had several already. SC rocks that way!

Me abd my daughter sat down to make a few cards today, and this one is my favorite!


It looks like the little bunny is popping up in the window waving it's arms and going "Hello, hello, hello, hello, hello..." It's a top folded card that I punched a window in and then glued a strip of the hello paper inside. The bottom of the bunny lies flat but I tucked some foam adhesive under the ears. The card still looked a little empty so I stiched on the silver banner in the corner.

In the card below I stamped the strawberries in red ink, then I flipped the stamp over and used the back of the stamp with pink ink to color them in. I love the contrasting blue cardstock I used as base. I added the gold heart for a little additional color and texture.



I hope you haven't missed out on Kellie Stamps June release that includes clear stamps this time! Here I combined the Galileo bunny stamp with the Slim Jim alpha stamp set to create a fun bunny birthday party.


My daughter let me borrow her water colors to paint the bunnies in, and then I added some sequins as confetti.

And here are two more cards I made today:



I'm not a card maker, and only sit down and make them in batches like this maybe once a year, but I hope I have given you some fun easy card making ideas. I don't have the patience to spend more than maybe 10-15 minutes per card, I'm sure there are more you like that.

Keep on making stuff!

/Magdalena

8 comments:

  1. Tori Bissell said that bunny freaked her out, but I think he is cute. You did a nice job on these cards, I did notice them in the gallery. I make cards about every day, it is time to start thinking about Christmas cards. Ew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he's cute, too! I should make cards more often, but I find it hard without a kit. I wish they bring it back! Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the inspiration Magdalena! I love these! I'm so glad that you're enjoying the kit! I miss SC's card kit too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sending the kit. I love it!

      Delete
  3. I didn't care much for that bunny, until today! I love every single card. He looks like a party bunny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Penny! Yes, it's a versatile stamp. I have a few more ideas for him!

      Delete
  4. Your cards with the bunny from the SC Galileo kit are simply fantastic! I also had to buy this stamp set and fortunately found it on eBay in Canada! ;) The stamp set is one of my favorite ones - I just have to use it again, especially after seeing your great cards! :) Best wishes, Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just showed one card with this set! ;) http://derkleineklecks.blogspot.de/search/label/fenster

      Delete