Monday, January 18, 2016

PL DECEMBER

I am eagerly awaiting my January 2016 Studio Calico Documenter kit. I want to get started on the new year right now! I love the new year themed cards in the kit, and I want to wait for their arrival before starting to document Januari. I have finally decided on a size for our first album of the year. I'm sticking with 9x12 for now. I have a new album and page protectors on the way. 

I've read discussions on how to deal with the double documenting in December when deciding to make a December Daily album when you're also doing Project Life. I did both this year, and some of the stories and photos did end up in both albums. My December Daily wasn't extensive and I didn't use a ring binder and page protectors so it still felt like a different project and I enjoyed making it.

I ended up with six pages for December in my PL album. Most of the stories can be found in my previous DD posts, so I won't share them here again. I made my own monthly title card using a digital brush by Studio Calico. Most of the cards used this month are from the Winter mini card kit by Tina Aszmus, the Christmas add-on kit by SC and from Ali Edwards' Story kits.




I cut the "Give from the heart" card below from the cover of a Rituals catalog.



These photos are all from Christmas Eve, when we celebrate Christmas in Sweden. Originally I printed the journaling on the top 4x6 card on one of the Cheer Story kit cards, but it got stuck in my printer and was ruined, so instead I added these old digital brushes by Ali Edwards and printed it all out on smooth white card stock instead.



At the end of my album I've also added a summary of my 2015 Reading Challenge attempt. I'll be sharing those pages tomorrow, so drop by then!

/Magdalena

No comments:

Post a Comment