Thursday, December 31, 2015

THE END OF THE WHOLE MESS

To quote Stephen King. Scrapbooking can be messy for sure. I will admit to occupying our dinner table  making us eat by the TV several times. 

It is the end of the year, and I also plan to share the end of my December Daily for 2015. All the pages are done, but I will probably make a few tweeks here and there before I make a complete flip-trough video of it.

I rarely use the portrait oriented 4x6 cards in my PL, but they are perfect for using in mini albums. Again all the embellishments are from Ali Edwards' Cheer story kit. 


My daughter isn't too fond of having her hair braided, she thinks it takes too long, but sometimes I manage to bribe her into letting me do it. This hairdo cost me playing five times per board game she recieved for Christmas. (She got three.) Totally worth it! I have recently started a Pinterest board for girl hairdo's, if you want some inspiration.


This year we put their Christmas outfits in their stockings. That was a genious move! They were both dressed within a minute of opening their morning gifts. They also got to pick out a present from under the tree to open. In Sweden we open our Christmas gifts in the afternoon of Christmas Eve. The tradition is to have a grownup pretend to go out for a walk and then return dressed up as Santa to hand out the presents, but this year the kids didn't want that. After figuring out that Santa is infact a dressed up family member or neighbour, they decided they wanted to be Santa themselves this year.


We had no guests for Christmas, so our traditional Swedish Christmas buffé had fewer dishes this year. We just picked out our favorites. I'm mad about the veggie dishes myself, and I totally recommend this kale salad! Cut off the stems of the kale and put it in boiling water for just a couple of minutes. Dress with a classic vinaigrette and add chopped walnuts, sliced dried apricots and crumbled bluecheese. 

I love the wine glasses and plates we had out. My father recieved them at his first wedding in the 1950's. The marriage didn't last (lucky for me, or I wouldn't be here) but the china sure did. The glasses are gold rimmed crystal and the plates have golden prints of triangles and diamonds. So pretty! 


Happy New Year to you all!

/Magdalena

7 comments:

  1. Loved seeing your DD pages! Have a great NYE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the clean style of your DD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I wanted to make it easy this year.

      Delete
  3. So fun to learn about the Swedish holiday traditions. Love your style as always. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it might be interesting. Thank for checking out my post and happy new year to you!

      Delete
  4. Love your pages! The clean style really makes the photos shine. The china is gorgeous and such a lovely classic design.

    ReplyDelete