Wednesday, July 30, 2014

WALLET MINI ALBUM



Did you see the Sandlot Mini Book template by Shanna Noel in the Studio Calico shop? After seeing Barbara Picinich's version of the mini book, I knew I had to make one too. I've three mini albums planned with photos from the summer. They're such perfect little presents. This first one I've made is for my son, and has photos of him from our trip to Norrköping. We visited the Kolmården zoo and an amazing travelling Harry Potter exhibition.

I filled in two of the templates with photos and digital printables. I left a few pages bare to add some Project Life cards when putting it together. This is how it looked in PSE before printing.



After printing on smooth cardstock I cut them up and folded at the lines. A scoring board would be best, but I used my Fiskars paper trimmer and a table knife. I'm low tech, LOL! Cut the grey tab off the last strip and put glue on the rest of them. Assemble the album!



The album measures 3x4", so the square cornered Project Life cards is a perfect fit. To see my full mini visit my Studio Calico gallery.



To make the wallet cover I cut a piece of kraft cardstock to a 4 1/4x7 1/2" rectangle. I folded from the right side of the cover at 1", 1/2", 3" and 1/2". I made the 3" part maybe a tenth of an inch wider to fit the mini inside. The last page of the mini is glued to the inside cover. I then used a 1/2" circle punch, two small brads and a string to keep the wallet closed.


I wanted to keep the cover simple, so I only used a stamp from the Special Delivery stamp set from Stromsvigt.


Happy crafting!

/Magdalena

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this! Thank you for sharing and for coming along and linking up to my blog, YAY! I might have to give one of these a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I'm going to have to give this a try..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! Now to think of a theme...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. What product do you use to create your tabs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tabs are stickers from October Afternoon. Sorry for not seeing your question until now!

      Delete