Friday, May 16, 2014

MAY DAY

Starting out with my first PL spread for May. This was a rough one! I like working with color in my spreads and keeping them fairly coherent. 

I printed the photos for the first page in color and then tried to make a spread, picking out cards. I even started glueing things down, and printing journaling on some of the cards, but I just didn't like it. The photos didn't go well together and they didn't go with any of the cards either.

So I had to toss all the photos, reprint most in black and white instead and pick other PL cards. Some of them couldn't be re-used, which I was a bit sad about. I managed to rescue two of them by punching circles out of one, and cutting the bottom off the other.


I ended up being quite happy about those remodeled cards, so it all worked out for the best. My second page is all about May 6th, which would have been my dad's 80th birthday. He died in 1999. I added my favorite photo of him and printed out a poem I found on Pinterest. I thought the card with sky and clouds fitted well for it. 
 
On this day the preschools in our community presented an art exhibition at the local library, featuring the children's work. After the exhibition we went out to dinner together.
 

The spread ended up coherent in color after all, which is how I like it!

/Magdalena

2 comments:

  1. so beautiful. i love the calm look of your bw photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How freaking cute are the little Darths ?

    ReplyDelete