Friday, April 11, 2014

SUPERSTAR

That is what I named my most recent layout with the April kit "Bluegrass Farm" from Studio Calico. This month I got the scrapbook and PL main kits plus the Tabasco addon. Out of those kits I have committed to make 5 layouts and 8 PL pages. See this thread in the SC forum! 

I started out wanting to use one of the fabric patches from the scrapbook main. It's not something I would've bought myself, so I had to figure out a way to "make it work", in the words of Tina Aszmus. I remembered this layout by April Foster made with the December 2011 kit. (Yes, I remembered it!) Making the patch one of many same size circles would keep it from standing out too much. 

I already knew what I wanted the topic to be. The story of how our daughter finally overcame her shyness and stagefright and performed with her gymnastics group at a really big gymnastics event in our city in front of several hundred people. 

The plan was to have the photo be one of the circles, but there were no photos from the occasion that looked good cropped into a circle. So instead I did this:



I added a few items from earlier kits too, to decorate the circles. I didn't add as much dimension as April did, because I like things to be flat. I can fit more layouts into my album that way, hehe.

/Magdalena

2 comments:

  1. I got to be honest I am not a huge fan of this kit, but seeing this page I subscribed to the recent deal. I love everything about this and the other page you made with this kit. Kicking myself for missing that washi though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a huge fan of this kit either. Weird patterned papers this time. Happy to hear you like my pages! trying to make the best of it, and hoping for a kit that is more my style next time.

      Delete