Wednesday, March 19, 2014

THE LIEBSTER AWARD part one

I recieved a happy e-mail yesterday. I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by Aimee who runs the blog Betwixt & Between. You really should visit her blog and see the beautiful pages she makes! And do read her Liebster Award posts to get to know her a bit, and also to visit the rest of the blogs she nominated. I'm in the company of some amazing ladies. Thank you so much Aimee!

 
There are two parts to this nomination. The first part is to answer 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you. The second part is to nominate 10 new bloggers. It’s meant for bloggers with less than 200 followers on bloglovin. I need to think a bit on who to nominate, but lets get started with the questions right away!

1. What is your favorite breakfast?

It's one I've had every morning since I did the WW program last year. Plain lowfat youghurt with a sliced banana and sprinkled with powdered ginger.

2. What’s in your handbag right now?

First I want to share where I got the bag I carry. I got it from this Etsy shop. In my bag I have...


my wallet
two chapsticks
worndown nailfile that needs replacing
lipgloss
2 sets of keys, one for home and one for work

bag of gum that constantly gets raided by my daughter
a few pieces of gum that's fallen out of the bag
hairclip I thought was lost
2 packs of tissues
sunglasses
actual glasses that I always forget to put on
2 signed slips that I need to hand in to the kids' preschool
handcreme, I go nowhere without it!
anti-ageing facial creme that had forgotten about, and it's receipt
ibuprofen
an eraser I think is from work, not sure how it got into my bag or how long it's been there

3. How did you come to join the blogger world?

I started my blog in 2010 to share my scrapbooking projects. I really wish I had the energy to learn how to make a "real" blog with good design. Maybe some day!

4. What is your biggest accomplishment and why?

I guess that would be giving birth to our daughter. I was really proud of myself for that.

5. What inspires you to create?

The kit from Studio Calico that is delivered to my door once a month! I sub to the scrapbook and PL kits. The fresh products and the perfect mix of papers and embellishments inspires me to create more than anything else. I don't think I would've stuck with my scrapbooking if I hadn't become a subber in June 2011.

6. Do you have any creative rituals?

Well, me and my 4 year old daughter have a kit unpacking ritual. Every time a new kit arrives I cut open the box and she does the rest. This has been her job since she was 2. She knows what everything is and how to use it. She oohs and aahs over the products and will sometimes convince me to share some of the embellishments with her. She also likes the stamps, and knows how to attach them to a block and  stamp them off after use.

7. Best advice you ever got?

In scrapbooking it's "Always use your favorite items first!" That was something Amy Tangerine shared in her Stretch your kit class.
I think that's really good advice. I never hoard anything. If you do, the things you saved will go out of style and you will end up not using them at all.

8. What is one product can’t live without?

I think that would be my Tiny Attacher if that counts as a product. I use that thing all.the.time!

9. Is there a particular skill you worked hard to teach yourself and why?
Wow, I don't know. Learning English, perhaps?

10. Book that changed your life?

This will sound silly but The Stand by Stephen King is a book that had a huge affect on me. It really is a book everyone should read. The extended version at a 1000+ pages ofcourse. First of all I truly believe it is how the world will end. Some epidemic that will wipe out the population. It's no happy reading, but it gets you thinking. If this happens in your lifetime, who will you be? How will you act? It's also why I'm such a huge TWD fan, because it deals with the same issues.

11. If money and time was no object what would you have done today?
I would take classes to learn photography and graphic design. That's something I really would like to do in my own time. If I had the money to support myself I wouldn't have to care if anyone liked what I did either. How good would it be to work from home in your jammies everyday?

Stay tuned for my LIEBSTER AWARD part two post, and find out who I've nominated and what questions I will leave for them.

/Magdalena

No comments:

Post a Comment