Sunday, July 8, 2012

Six more

So today I continue with the second part of my first year of Studio Calico kits.
Brooklyn Flea


This is a layout I made recently for the SC 5th birthday challenge to use a mirror image. I didn't work much with Brooklyn Flea when it arrived because I got preoccupied with my December Daily. I have now made 11 layouts and a mini with it. I got the Shiny Bright add-on and extra add-on PP. I loved all the primary colors of the kit. Just my type of mix!
County Fair


For the first time I actually got 3 add-ons, because they where SO amazing! The stamps, the alphas and Kesi'Art. Yum! I got Ring Toss, Shooting Gallery and Photo Booth. I made 15 layouts and another first: a card. Because one of January's LOAW challenges was to admit something you made for publication, I admitted a few projects, and the card got picked up! It was really hard picking a favorite layout for this month because I love all of them, but the stamping made me pick this one.

Daydream Believer


This was the month with a bit of madness after pre-sale since the kits went on sale 5 minutes early and a lot of people missed out. I had made a promise to myself to get NO add-ons this month, and all I got was extra add-on PP. For the third time! I think this was the time I learned getting a full add-on is better. Working with the main only plus 16 papers is hard. Not doing that again! I really regretted not getting the Clarksville add-on with the Pebbles kraft alphas, the Dear Lizzy frills paper and that wonderful punchinella background stamp. I've made 8 layouts using Daydream believer. I didn't love the girlyness of the kit at the sneaks, but it was much nicer in person. Still not one of my faves though.

Story Hour


This is my all-time favorite kit ever! I loved every little bit of it. The papers, all the little tags and vintage notebook papers, Kesi'Art, the stamps. The chevron border stamp from Illustrated is my most used kit stamp. I still keep it out. I got 3 add-ons again, Illustrated, Encyclopedia and Atlas. Again I could have picked all the layouts as my favorite this month. I took KP's sketch class this month which also really helped with the creating.

City of Lights


This was a kit that surprised me. I didn't like the main alot but the add-ons were fantastic. I made 13 awesome layouts with it. KP's sketch class helped me out again. I got another 3 add-ons (Sorbonne, Louvre and Montmarte) and realized that is a bit too much product for me. After getting 3 addons for 3 out of 4 months my stash was filling up and that stresses me out.

35 mm


I limited myself to 2 addons, Holga and Leica. I really loved this kit. Into my top 5 of the year! I've made 4 cards, 1 mini (using the Heidi Swapp memory file) but only 7 layouts.

Looking forwards to another year of Studio Calico awesomeness!

/Magdalena

9 comments:

  1. I love all the layouts you created, and totally agree with you about the add-ons. I bought the July main kit only and no add ons and I realize how many more embellishments I could use as well as papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I love your layout from the daydream believer kit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All layouts are so great! I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Funny Things layout!! :) Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So awesome that you're getting so many layouts out of each kit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. another excellent post...thanks:)

    mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the city of lights layout! The kit is really sweet-sy, but you managed to make a fun less sugary layout out of it:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your layouts are amazing! I am mostly a card maker but it is awesome to see the variety you can get out of these kits. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE how you used that SC bullseye stamp! I think you should be on the SC DT.

    ReplyDelete