Saturday, December 10, 2011

The ghost of Christmas past

I'll be sharing a few more DD pages on Monday. Until then I found this old photo, that I wanted to share with you. This is me and my most beloved Gramma on Christmas Eve in 1975.


If my Gramma would be alive today she would be 98 years old. She passed away at the age of 91. She faced many hardships in her life and lost her father, her husband, her first grandchild and her son (my father) in tragic ways. I was all she had left, and we were very close. Her home was my favorite place to be when I was growing up. She always gave me fresh sheets to sleep in, cooked all my favorite meals and in the summer she would go out and pick raspberries while I still slept, so I could have them with breakfast. She was also an incredibly talented knitter. I would draw pictures for her and she would knit the pattern onto to sweaters for me to wear. In her old days it was my turn to return the favor and care for her, which I did for many years. I have nothing but happy memories of you sweet Gramma and I miss you so.

love Magdalena

2 comments:

  1. REading that just gave me goosebumps. I am so close to my grandmother, she is 87 and in poor health. When she does pass on it will be so very hard for me. What a special relationship it sounds like you 2 had!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful memories! Thank you for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete