Thursday, December 15, 2011

December Daily days 6-10

Posting two days in a row! I have a few more DD pages to share. Again I've got a list of materials up on my Studio Calico Gallery. See link in post below!

Day 6: For the large photo I've used some of Ali Edwards' overlays that you can buy from Designer Digitals. These are from "Holiday Word Art". The journaling is about the weather that is everything but Christmasy at the moment. All too common in this part of Sweden unfortunately. I'm still hoping for a turn downwards in temperature and some snow. Or LOTS!

Day 7: This day we got a tiny dusting of snow. Happy kids! Underneath the photo is my sons wish list for Christmas.

Day 8: Picking the kids up from pre-school. For once they were in their overalls. Other days they're mostly in raincoats.
On the right is the second multi-pocket page protector. I used a woodgrain stamp on the chipboard stars, in JBS Seed Packet ink. I love how they turned out.


Day 9: I have no regular day 9 page here. My son spent the night at Gramma's, that's the journaling on the Ormolu "Today" card. He had a few early Christmas gifts with him back home. I photographed them and tucked the pictures in the Maya Road envelope. Again I LOVE those green Amy Tan letter stickers!


Day 10: We spent the day cooking and baking for Sunday, when some friends were coming over for Advent Third. Another Ali Edwards digital in this photo. I have to share the recipe for these amazing spicy nuts I made. Swedes go here! For the rest of you here's the recipe:

Spicy Nuts
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 3 tbs granulated sugar
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 eggwhites
  • 2 cups mixed nuts
  1. Heat oven to 400* F. 
  2. Mix spices, sugar and salt. Lightly whip the eggwhites and mix with spices. Add the nuts. Stir.
  3. Spread the nuts onto an oven tin and roast in oven for about 20 minutes. Open oven and stir every 5 minutes. Let cool.

I stamped the journaling around the photo as a frame. It's about how I cheated on this page... The photos of my son eating cake batter are over a year old, and I stole the title (a play with words) from a free recipe book I found in our grocery store. The large photo on the right is of the Red Velvet Cake I made this day. For that recipe in Swedish look here!

/Magdalena

2 comments:

  1. Your DD looks amazing!!! That recipe looks yummy too! I love how you are mixing all kinds of stuff together, but it still looks very cohesive.

    ReplyDelete